Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lilly the wonder kid

So as we all know Lilly is pretty extraordinary. She is often extraordinarily whiny and hard headed, but every now and then she is extraordinarily amazing. She somehow can figure things out that would seem to be way too hard (1st grade math or the workshop projects at Lowes) and she can alreay read. But her latest thing is teaching Mom to knit. Mom started off teaching herself and Lilly at the same time. But Lilly seemed to pick up some of the moves pretty quick and soon was showing Mom how to make the next loop, etc. Pretty cool to see and pretty cool to have her in our family. Especially when she isn't whining!

3 comments:

Laura said...

When do you have time to knit?? Don't we have the same number of kids? I'm doing something wrong...

Anonymous said...

Are you two making a project? I thought you knew how to crochet....is that easier? Lilly is wonderfully smart.

Meredith said...

I do know how to crochet but had heard knitting was easier. Not sure if I believe it yet. Lilly can understand the photos describing the steps better than me which is why I never learned before.

Yes Laura, I have the same amount of children you do but Lilly is the motivator in this situation. She told Bill this morning we were going to the library but first we had to knit. She loves it so she keeps reminding me to help her do it. If left to me, her scarf would only be 6 inches long.