Monday, February 23, 2009

Susie Sleeps




For the second time in a long time, maybe even her whole life, she slept through the night. I put her to bed at 8:30 and she whimpered a couple times during the night but didn't wake us up until 6 AM. She was a happy camper this morning along with Mom and Dad. Wait, Mom and Dad didn't sleep through the night because the other three children each got up once. Not sure about Ry but Lilly was sleep talking and got out of bed to tell Dad she hit her nose and Ashton woke up at 3 AM and asked me to make him breakfast, which didn't happen.




Susan doesn't take a pacifier or bottle and hasn't attached herself to anything calming except me. All night she wakes up and wants comfort so I have been lazy and gave it to her. Saturday night was the end of all that. In order for Susie to sleep all night, I have stopped feeding her all during the night. We tried this a while back and it worked great for one night, then she got a cold and couldn't sleep. So this is what our Saturday night looked like.




7:30 Put Susie to bed so we could play cards


9:30 Susie woke up crying, we ignored her so we could finish our game and she fell back asleep after 15 minutes.


10:30 Susie begins to cry again, I am awake but just listen for a while


11:00 I go to comfort Susie by patting her, finally after a couple minutes I pick her up


11:30 She finally stops crying (longest crying fit while being held ever)


1:30 She finally falls back asleep after hours of rocking and walking.


2:30 She is awake again crying


3:45 She is asleep again after an hour of walking and rocking


4:00 She is awake again and given to Dad for a while




I don't remember much more since I wasn't on duty and was sound asleep after a sleepless night. Bill woke me up at 11:30 so he could go on his team ride. I think he said she slept for a while with him on the couch between 4 and 7 AM.




Saturday night (and the night we tried it before) was totally worth it since she slept the whole next night. I am hoping this sleeping will become a trend.




In other news, she got her second bottom tooth yesterday and drank milk out of a sippy cup today. She latched onto the foogo sippy perfectly and drank 2 ounces of cold milk from it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! Hope tonight is and "all-nighter"!!!!
Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I mean AN "all-nighter"!!

Anonymous said...

so how has the week been?

Anonymous said...

that was me sadie........