Monday, May 24, 2010
Ashton
I am going to try to post a few things about each kid right now to explain their current personalities. Should be interesting when we look back in 10 years. I'll start oldest to youngest. Ashton is a Dad's dream kid. 90% of the time he is more mature than I am. He is like a miniature version of me and that makes me happy and Mom frustrated because their are two of us now for her to look at and shake her head in disbelief. He is super competitive, but has come to the point where he is able to keep in within himself and not belittle others or get too out of control. Although he does not like losing one bit. He works very hard at whatever he is interested in, reading, soccer, baseball, etc. and usually that results in him excelling at all of those interests. Ash has an amazing work ethic. Because he is such a good kid, we often put too much pressure and responsibility on him. He is always the kid asked to get the diaper, make toothbrushes, clean the basement, etc. He often does it without one word of complaint. This also gives him a sense of authority where he often acts like a parent to the kids, telling them what they can and can't do, etc. That does not exactly go over well with the other kids. He makes me proud on a daily basis and I am very thankful that he is the oldest in the family. He is truly a great guide to the other kids and I feel secure that he makes the right decision in most situations. I fully expect him to lose his mind in his teen years and make me nuts, but until then I am going to enjoy having a great kid and a great friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is Bill writing the bit about Ashton?
Post a Comment