Friday, July 16, 2010

Susan turns 2

What a beautiful day. Susan ended up in bed with us at 4 AM so it was nice that she actually slept in until 7:30. She is usually the first one up between 6 and 6:30. We spent a few minutes in bed singing "Happy Birthday" and then she realized that her 3 little hairs were in her eyes so we searched for "Bibi" (Lilly) who was playing Legos. We spent the next half hour trying on different barretts and headbands, none of which are still in her hair.



This morning I let her pick the fruit for our morning smoothie* then we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. I can't believe she is already 2. It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny little newborn.






Today Bill is taking the big 3 camping so it will just be Susan and I for the weekend. Last week I took all 4 camping with a few other moms and Susan LOVED it but she is a tough one to keep occupied in the wilderness. She really likes to explore and I admit we had to actively search for her once. She was safe, just out of site. A different time she escaped but just followed the other 12 children so it was quick to find her.










*Our smoothie has the following ingredients: orange, nectarine, peach, blueberry, carrot, dried fig, swiss chard, spinach, whey protein powder, flaxseed, almonds, ice and water. Super yummy and healthy!

.

No comments: