Friday, October 27, 2006

The first and last day of potty training

Our little one wakes us up in the middle of the night saying "poo-poo in potty" so we get up and take her. She goes wee-wee and then it is back to bed. First thing in the morning that is how she wakes us up. She goes wee-wee and poo-poo and then fights about putting on a diaper.

Two days ago we decided to get her out of diapers and let wear big girl panties. She goes wee-wee and happily puts on panties. Minutes later she is yelling "ucky, ucky" and I realize she wee-wee'd down her leg. Back to the potty we go. She can't go in the potty so I put on a new pair of panties and she is off. Minutes later I hear "uh oh" and there is a puddle on the ground. We return to the potty, she can't go again but I think she has gone so much she must be empty. This goes on through a dozen pairs of panties and an hour. I finally give up and put her in a pull-up, she is not ready.

While I am getting dinner ready that night, Daddy is down stairs with the children and our anti-panty girl heads for the playroom alone. Daddy thinks she is being too quiet so he checks on her and finds her in the bathroom pulling up her pants. She had walked into the bathroom, taken off her diaper and disposed of it in the diaper pail, sat on the baby potty and went wee-wee, and was pulling her pants back up.

Can she be more confusing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, probably ;)

Anonymous said...

Kids... You can never tell! This is ONE reason I decided not to have any. Sounds as though you are having fun, though! Motherhood seems to agree with you!
\mduncan1153