Last Friday A and L helped me make 4 lbs of baby meatballs to freeze. Since we were all doing so well together, I decided to get out the pasta machine and make some pasta to go with the meatballs.
A decided he wanted to make ravioli so I left out 45 meatballs to fill the ravioli with. After the other 150 meatballs were done cooking in the oven I tried to turn it off but our touch screen was not functioning. It was stuck on 400 degrees and the timer kept reminding me to empty the oven, every minute. I tried everything to turn off the stove but nothing was working so I called Dad at work. I couldn't get a hold of him and I panicked about wasting all that energy so I put the ravioli meatballs into the oven to bake until I could get a hold of Dad to come home and unplug the oven. I finally got ahold of him, as he was in an important meeting at the office, and he told me to just throw the breaker and he would deal with it later. Of course, after the last batch of meatballs were done the oven turned off easily and we haven't had a problem since. Did I mention the timer went off every minute, for 25 minutes. Gotta love the year old Whirlpool oven.
Anyways back to the pasta. Since I tossed the last meatballs into the oven before they were in the ravioli, I convinced the children to make linguine instead. We got out my Great-Aunt Dora's pasta recipe and threw the ingredients into the food processer. A and L took turns pulsing our dough. Then we got it out and they watched me kneed it and place it into a baggy. Both were amazed at how cool the pasta machine was as I hooked it to the counter. Then they each took turns turning the crank to get their dough thin and they watching the flattened dough get cut into noodles with the linguine attachment.
They made extra yummy homemade pasta for dinner (that mom overcooked) and loved the experience. They also made an extra large flour mess on the floor and themselves which was cute. When asked their favorite parts they replied:
A- I loved to eat it! (he got to sample the tiny raw noodles)
L- I loved all of it. Can we do it again? right now?
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment