http://www.philandteds.com/nz/sportdouble_07_1.htm
I, of course, had seen it many times around town and even spoke with other mom's about it. Everyone I spoke with loved it. I was concerned about one of the children having to sit in the bottom of the stroller but apparently that is the seat of choice.
I rationalized with Bill by saying I already have a double jogger. I don't need a new one even though ours is too big to fit through the doorways at school so if I drop off A or L late this fall I need to take R and Quattro out of the buggy and haul them into the school. I know it sounds like fun but I don't enjoy carrying our chunky R around, let alone with another baby in tow. Plus, everyone here has nice bushed lining the sidewalks, but trim them so half the sidewalk is covered leaving my huge double jogger to walk in the street weaving around the parked cars. Also, the Phil and Ted's folds nicely so I can easily put it into the back of our minivan, where the Baby Jogger doesn't fit.
As you can tell, the more I thought about this nice slim jogger the more I wanted it. I had looked at the non-jogger side-by-side strollers but none had good reviews for walking on sidewalks, but they do fit in doorways. I already have the Graco DuoGlider Tandem stroller but it weighs more than I do and it a bear to push around. So I gave in to my addiction, emailed Dad at work asking for it for Mother's Day. He replied "Get it!".
I am now going to get rid of my DuoGlider, Graco single, and Graco Mosaic strollers to make room for the new stroller in my life. Our Baby Jogger double and Chico umbrella will stay with us, just in case.
R and L watching A's big running race
R watching the big two draw on the sidewalk
ETA: I wrote this a few weeks ago, pre jogger, and wanted to add that this is the nicest buggy I have owned. I can fold it with one hand to put it into the van and it takes up less floor space than the umbrella stroller. When walking A to school up the big hills I can use one hand if I need to help him up the curbs, unlike with the Baby Jogger double, which is so wide I needed to leave it in the street to help A up the curbs. R and L fight over the back seat. L is in heaven because it fits on the bus for our rides to the grocery store as well as holds 4 bags of groceries if the second seat is in place. The only flaw is that there is no handbrake, which would be nice as the foot brake is hard to reach when the second seat is attached.
No comments:
Post a Comment