Thursday, February 08, 2007

36 week appointment

I can't believe we have made it to the 36 week mark (well, tomorrow officially)!

Our appointment today went well. The heartbeat was strong between 130 and 140 beats per minute. The little guy was sticking out all over the place. The doctor chuckled at the strange belly formations while trying to measure. She thinks the baby could have dropped a bit as she measured me at 32 cm compared to 35 cm which is what we were last week. It was also a new doctor and the baby was all over the place which could have made a difference. I lost at least 1 pound during the past two weeks which is normal as well.

We did the strep B swab test and since she was down there did an internal examine and let me know that we are 50% effaced, which means I will have the baby someday. I am still posterior meaning we won't have the baby today! Daddy recalls that I was 100% effaced for a couple weeks before L was born so we are not worried yet.

I go in again next Thursday and continue with the weekly appointments until the little one decides to meet A and L in person.

No comments: