Thursday, February 15, 2007

37 week appointment

We had a Wacky Wednesday appointment this morning, even though it is Thursday. I gained 7 pounds in one week. Could it be the Girl Scout cookies that have been disappearing at a very quick speed or the fact that I am forcing myself to eat because I have lost my appetite. I don't feel like I have gained 7 lbs but goodness me that is a lot of weight!

My belly measured 35 1/2 cm which is a little small as we should be at 37 cm but is much better than the 32 cm we were last week. Crazy measuring and different doctors are being blamed for the belly size, I am glad to be seeing our normal doctor next week.

I had a tad bit of protein in my urine and my blood pressure was "very high" today as well. I am usually something over 60 but today I was 110 over 85, all three times they checked it.

The doctor, number 4 in the group, did an internal exam to see if the 4 hours of 5 minute apart contractions we had Monday night changed my cervix at all but I was still the same, 50% effaced and posterior. My cervix was behind the head so she couldn't tell if I was dilated, same as last week. She said the baby is still head down facing the front, which will make for a painful back labor I hear but it can still rotate around since I have enough fluid and space.

The little ones heartbeat was irregular, but still in the normal range. It started at ~130, dropped to ~120 and then blasted up to ~140. There was a very noticable contrast between the three numbers but since they were all in the normal range the doctor said there was no need to worry. The baby was still and then kicked around which could have accounted for the 120-140 jump. The doctor was not worried that I would deliver anytime this week, which was nice since we still have a list of things to do before the baby comes.

Tomorrow we will be full term by all standards and since that is Daddy's birthday, the children are going to be anxious for the baby to arrive. L goes over to the carseat, which sits by the garage door(the base is installed in the truck), and tells us "Baby coming after Daddy's birthday and ride in car with me in this baby carseat." A brag about L, our 2 year books say they should use 5 or 6 word phrases by the end of the 2nd year. She uses 8+ word sentences on a daily basis, plus her limited Spanish and sign language. Way to go L!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are such a good teacher ;)