Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Yesterday was the best Mother's Day ever!

I woke up to three beautiful flower pots that the children painted for me. They went to the store with Dad to pick them out and each picked out a different sized matching pot. Of course, A and L brought a tiny one back for Frankbob to paint as well. Saturday afternoon they hid in the backyard and finger painted the pots. A used two different colors and did a layered handprint pattern while L just used all three colors and painted away. Frankie used his feet and walked all over his flower pot.




The children also wrote a card to me. They told Dad what to write and he wrote it down for them. It was very sweet. Not quite as sweet as the letter Dad wrote for me though.


At 8AM Frankie and I met some other neighborhood Mom's at the school parking lot to carpool to the Mother's Day Race. It was a beautiful sunny day and I enjoyed our super long 9K walk. When the race started, three of us ran and three of us walked with babies. I had the super huge almost 14 lb chunker in the moby wrap, another had her super tiny 2 1/2 week old baby in her bjorn, and the third had her little one still in the womb. After 3 potty breaks and a couple newborn feedings we finished the race, and not in last place which was our goal. A and L got to run across the finish line with me. They were so excited to watch the race and cheer on the other Mom's. Our goal next year is to actually run in half our time (which I won't share on purpose as it was very bad, even considering our 45 minutes of stopping time during the walk). I will admit though that my hips are a tad sore this morning...




A and L running to meet me before the finish line.




After a hot day in the sun, we had neighbor's over for dinner and enjoyed chatting and watching L corral their 1 year old around the backyard.



No comments: