Wednesday, June 11, 2008

5 years and 34 weeks

We had an eventful day yesterday. After an hour of ice skating lessons we drove to our doctor's office for a couple of appointments. I had our 34 week OB visit and A had his long awaited 5 year check-up.

Since A went first I will tell you all how wonderful he is doing first. He is still at the 75 percentile for height at 44 inches. His weight is still a stable 10th percentile at 37 lbs. He had great blood pressure, 78/46 and a strong 90 for his pulse. He has hit all his 5 year old goals such as counting, writing his name, and creative imagination. When examining his heart our doctor, who has ears like a bat, found his heart pausing every third beat. She sent us to get an EKG at the ER(we could go to the ER on site or to the Children's Hospital 40 miles away and be admitted there). Upon reviewing his printout she said that he has a benign sinus arrhythmia, which is nothing to be concerned about. She is still sending it to a cardiologist to make sure he confirms the diagnosis.

She also asked us to send him to get a pulmonary function test to see if he has any forms of asthma. We are going to watch him at soccer practice this Friday and see if he gets more winded then the other children and if he is, he wins a PFT. Oh what fun!


For my OB appointment, I did not gain any weight during the past two weeks (still up 24 lbs) but the baby is still a growin. I measured 35 1/2 cm this week. We are fully expecting a big baby again, which will be nice. I don't remember my blood pressure but it was normal, 90 something over 60 something. I am supposed to be putting my feet up more to help with the swollen feet, varicose veins (don't ask...), and contractions that just keep happening. It is going to be nice to have my cousin here for a week, then my parents and whole family to help me get to full term in three weeks. I have no doubts that this baby will hold tight until term but better to relax now while I have a chance.

No comments: