Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bye-Bye Bo-Bo

We are taking a second shot at removing the bo-bo from Ry's sleep routine. We took it away 2 days before he got the flu and I felt so bad I gave it back. He didn't put up a fight at all last time so we started again this morning. We explained that he is a big boy and doesn't need it anymore. Here is how it went down:

Dad: Ry go get your bo-bo so I can take it to work.
Rylan: Me go get it from me bed. (runs and gets his favorite bo-bo)
Dad: Thanks Rylan.
Rylan: Me still have one cause me had two in bed. Now me have one.
Dad: Go get the other bo-bo so I can take it to work.
Rylan: OK. (runs to room to get bo-bo but comes back slower than the first time)
Dad: Thanks Rylan.
Rylan: You Welcome.

So far so good. Dad took the bo-bo's to work (actually they are on our dresser, we are not that foolish) and he went down for nap nicely. No hair twirling, which is sad, but quietly.

ETA: So quietly didn't last long. He didn't nap for one second but instead yelled for me constantly until he eventually woke up Susan. Bedtime did go better though as he is sound asleep after only needing 1 extra book and 1 glass of water.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Why do you get off so easily??? Mine is going to be a knock down drag out fight. And that's saying it nicely, I'm sure.