Since it is so stinking cold here right now I decided to make dog beds for the puppies. Daddy stayed home yesterday to hang out with the family so we all headed to the craft store for project materials. I ended up making an enclosed pillow with 8 layers of batting stuff in it, a two layer flannel pillow case to cover that, and then a zippered pillow case to prevent hair from entering the case. It took me most of the day but both dogs slept peacefully last night and even snuck back into the house this morning and napped on their beds a bit. We are hoping that the two outer pillowcases will protect the enclosed pillow and be super easy to wash.


We also bought material to make a sound blocking curtain for the hallway and a new craft measuring board since I have searched high and low for our old one and can't find it anywhere.
I also made another Lilly Cake for a local church auction this weekend. I think it is super cute so I wanted to share a picture of it. I am hoping it will spark interest at the auction and I can get more sold. Why not make money doing something you enjoy?

Last but not least, when we were out buying the Ergo carrier, L fell in love with the child sized baby slings (like the one I used for her and her brother) so when we got home I used the sheet I just ripped the other day and made one for her, with a matching receiving blanket of course. I don't have a picture of it yet but maybe I can get one posted soon.
I think I am nesting a bit but I do enjoy having the room in the house to make stuff. It was harder at the old house when I had to put everything away before the children awoke. Here I can just shut the door and open it again when I want to continue working. The children helped out a bit with the dog bed and were fascinated with the process.
3 comments:
Cute cake! You are very talented!
way to be incredibly bored sis ;)
wow,sadie
Post a Comment