Grandma MA came out here last week to help with the new baby but got stuck babysitting the older two and doing laundry instead. She got to babysit while I went to a doctor appointment and to the chiropractor. Mom and Dad also got to go out alone for dinner and to the hospital for monitoring. We did manage to make a few trips to Whole Foods with Grandma and we dragged her around for other errands, to library storytime and the arts and crafts morning program. As L puts it, "I go to Target and make things." (We must go to Target too often!)
Grandma got to do her favorite thing while she was here, taking L shoe shopping. Well, it might not be Grandma's favorite thing but L sure loves it. Much to the normality of L, she fell in love with a pair of orange and pink shoes with butterflies that she would not part with. I could not stand them! Charming Grandma got them off of her somehow and we came home with a cute pair of pink Mary Jane's. The next morning L refused to wear them because they hurt her feet. ( I still believe that it was a trick since she really wanted the butterfly shoes.) After another trip to the store we got a cute pair of pink sneakers that she wears constantly, naps included. We didn't think L could get these shoes on herself since the velcro was stiff but Saturday after nap she got out of bed without socks on but her shoes back on. Apparently L can figure out any pair of shoes! A got a cute pair of sneakers that make him run fast and jump high. They were the only pair in the store that fit his long narrow foot so I was glad he liked them. He was looking forward to Grandma's visit as he had just outgrown his Merrill's and he knows where the cool shoes come from!
A and L had a wonderful time with Grandma. We took her to the airport Saturday morning and A told me "I really loved spending time with Grandma. Even though she is gone I still love her." Then they both wanted to re-pick her up at the airport after we spent the morning at the Aquarium. A and L will be dragging Grandma, Grandpa, and Granny to the Aquarium when they come for the Baptism next month, if the baby decides to come out before then!
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment