Sunday, March 11, 2007

Labor and Delivery

Being the worry wart that I am, and easily influenced, I got my contractions close together by walking around the block and went into Labor and Delivery to be monitored. I had spent the previous day and night having painful contractions, some regular and very close together, and worryied that the baby was stuck and unable to fully engage or that the cord was wrapped around it's neck and it was suffering during my contractions causing them to die off.

As usual, everything was fine and the baby's heartrate did not drop during contractions. The nurses were very sweet and reassuring. The on call doctor let us know that we were more than welcome to come in numerous times to check the baby. She is a tad worried that we will deliver quickly in the parking lot. The only downside to our visit was that even with all the painful contractions, I had not progressed at all! Seriously, what is the point of contractions if they don't do anything.

The good news is that Dad has gotten a sweet mullet now and it is keeping our spirits high.

No comments: