Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's Official

We are scheduled for induction on Friday. I am being proactive and know that the baby will come before then.

Monday night B rubbed my pinky toes 1/10th of an inch from my toe nails and the tendon between the thumb and index finger. The toe rub tickled but no labor.

Last night I went to an acupuncturist and was poked with a ton of tiny needles and had moxie burned on me with incense. It has not brought on labor yet but my contractions are not as painful as before, another possible result of the acupuncture. She told me to relax (hence the 2 hour nap I took today) , avoid stress (the reason why A watched 2 hours of cartoons on PBS while I slept) and only use positive thinking. I have been reading the sheet of affirmations to the baby.

Our neighbors gave us a book on reflexology with a couple different points in the ankle and foot to rub. They feel nice but no regular contractions.

While at the chiropractor today, after she made sure my sacrum was open for an easy birth path, she recommended a couple herbs to try. I will be heading out this evening to pick those up. She also brought up a couple more reflexology points to rub.

Today I ate Eggplant Parmesan for lunch which is supposed to induce labor but am still waiting for that to kick in. At least it was tasty!

I am still looking for yam fries as those are supposed to work as well.

Feel free to let me know of any other ways known to induce labor. There is one other thing we have done but it would be too much information for most of you.

We go in tomorrow for our 41 week appointment and are going to ask for an ultrasound immediately to make sure the amniotic fluid level is fine and then talk with her about rescheduling the induction for Monday if everything is looking wonderful. If my levels are low, I will see if she will give me the cervical film first and then after 24 hours, if the film doesn't work, start with the pitocin.

Come on out baby, we are ready to meet you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodness arent we quite the hippie! haha
dont force it sis, the best babies always come out two weeks late ;)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you often.Xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I know of a few places in Oregon and Vegas that have GREAT sweet potato fries! Want me to pick some up for you?