I wrote about going to Discovery Days at the local museum and how much fun the children had there. I forgot to tell you how much fun the space items continued to be when we got home.
We hooked the space shuttle strings to the front door and coat closet. A and L do 5 4 3 2 1 Blastoff and the shuttles race to the top of the door. Talk about a good time.
Daddy taught A and L how to toss the flying saucers like frisbees and bounce them off the walls. Both children (and Daddy) enjoyed this game.
And who could have predicted that a paper plate painted like the moon, and a painted picture of a rocket could be fun as well. The children decided to take their still wet pictures and moons to their room. L came out of the room to tell me what fun they were having hiding with their projects and she was covered, and I mean covered, with paint. I raced into the room and noticed that there was paint all over the bamboo floors. I told A and L to get out of the room so I could clean it up and noticed they were leaving painted footprints on the floor. The paint was following them around the room and down the hallway. After both children changed clothes, and took off their socks, they helped me clean up the paint. Thank goodness it was washable paint!!
We were only at Discovery Days for a little over an hour but the space fun is still continuing here at home. I can't wait to see what fun we bring home this week!!!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment