Well, since the holidays are over and life is back to normal (well for a couple months until the new one comes...) we decided to try to get L out of diapers. She has been going poo-poo in the potty for about 6 months but doesn't go wee-wee regularly. Here is how we are progressing.
Wednesday, January 3rd- L got up before 8 sometime (I am pregnant and have no memory from this morning let alone last Wednesday!) and went wee-wee in the potty. I kept asking her all morning if she had to go and she kept telling me no. Around 11:30, yes, more than 3 1/2 hours after she got up, I asked again and she finally said yes and wee'd a puddle right then and there. Momma is too used to A who can hold it. So we started again with dry undies and I took her every hour or so and she would go on command and stayed dry except for one little leak in the evening.
Wednesday night/Thursday early morning- L kept waking us up to go "poo-poo in potty". Who's idea was it to take away the diapers during the day anyways? I think we finally convinced her it was alright to go wee-wee in the diaper at night, Momma and daddy need their sleep!
Thursday, January 4th- L wore undies again and would go in the potty. We went through more undies today though because she would wet a tiny bit then make a mad dash for the bathroom. She has control over her bladder even though I am doing a ton more laundry!
Friday, January 5th- Daddy stayed home with us and I stressed because we were going to go out for the day. I didn't want her in diapers, but I didn't want to change her pants twelve times in the Aquarium either. Thank goodness we woke up to more snow then we needed so we stayed home. L had another great day without one single accident. She really doesn't like to wear a diaper anymore. She wakes up from nap dry and proud of herself but still cries in the morning when her diaper is wet.
Saturday, January 6th- L was dry all morning and even the whole time Daddy had her outside building a snow fort and sledding. I think the rest of her day went well but I took the day off and was running errands. I will have to get an update from Daddy later...
Sunday, January 7th- We went potty before church, then put a diaper on under her panties for school. I didn't want her to wet while I was in mass so I thought it was the best idea. She stayed dry through mass and couldn't go when I picked her up. We ran and got bagels for a second breakfast and then to the mall to play. When in the mall parking lot she said she needed to go so I whipped out the portable potty seat expecting a wet diaper but it was still dry. She went wee-wee and poo-poo in the potty and then we replaced the diaper and headed in to play. She did have one accident this afternoon but it was small. Hopefully she will wake up from nap dry again.
Since it is now Wednesday and I have forgotten what went on with the undies situation for the past 3 days, let's just say she is doing well. Our mornings are dry and we average one damp (with a couple drops) pair of undies an afternoon. Pretty good for our little independent one.
Edited to add: Funny thing happened this afternoon. She just finished going potty and was playing around with A. L fell down and hit her head pretty hard on the floor so I ran over to pick her up and console her. She preceded to wee on me, uncontrollably, and as I ran to the bathroom to set her down, still crying, she left a huge puddle on the floor. Apparently, there is not holding the bladder while you are crying in pain.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment