Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Can Read!

The past few weeks he has been very excited about reading. He has been sounding out spoken words and pretending to write them. We broke out the BOB books and he can read the first four already. Of course they are super easy, "Mat. Mat sat. Sam. Sam Sat. Mat sat on Sam." Well, you get the picture. Still impressive for a 4 year old.

Anyways, I was helping him on their computer yesterday on the super awesome Starfall.com website and he read the story "Zac the Rat" to me without any help. He sounded out the words and knew the sight words, and on and the, by himself. I was shocked at how quickly he is learning.

Then to top it off, on the way home from the doctor today, he told me he can spell. Yeah right! Then he said "fat, F-A-T." He sounded out each letter then named it. I was totally amazed at this accomplishment as well! I guess he is ready for Kindergarten in the Fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! Says alot about the mommy (and daddy) :o)