Sunday, December 10, 2006

Reading Already to the Baby Doll

Little L loves her baby doll. We always ask her what her doll's name is and she replies "Baby". This morning when asked she pointed to the doll and said "name Happy Birthday Cake". A true sign that she is excited for her birthday tomorrow, and cake.

This morning Daddy read the book the children opened last night for their Advent countdown, Ten Little Dinosaurs. After he was done L decided to read it to Happy Birthday Cake. This is how she reads:

Open book to first page, "Okay, Okay. Dinosaur jump and fall. Bonk."

Turn the page, "Okay, Okay. Dinosaur ride bike. Silly dinosaur."

Turn the page, "Okay, Okay..."

She does a good job of recalling what the pages are about by looking at the pictures. She also does a great job of sitting still and listening to the whole book when she wants to be read to. But, I am not sure where she got the page starter "Okay, Okay" from...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did L have a good bday?

Meredith said...

L had a couple good birthdays. When I get time I will write about them. Check out the other site for new pics of the birthdays!

I can't believe she is two already!!